About Agile New England
Frequently Asked Questions
Agile New England:
- Was this organization formerly called Agile Bazaar?
- Yes. The chapter changed its name from Agile Bazaar to Agile New England in January 2011.
- Is there food at the meetings?
- Yes! All of our meetings are catered. It's often either pizza or sandwiches and soda.
- What is the timing of the meetings?
- 5:30-6:50 – Networking and Food
- 5:30-6:30 - Agile Practice Group Meeting
- 6:00-6:45 - Agile 101
- 6:50-7:00 – Agile New England Announcements
- 7:00-8:20 – Main Presnetation
- 8:20-8:30 - Feedback forms, Raffles & Announcements
- 8:30-9:00 – More Networking
- How can I volunteer to help Agile New England?
- Please send email to
- What kind of volunteers does the Agile New England need?
- People with enthusiasm who want to learn more about the most exciting area in software development!
Speakers and Topics Proposals:
- How can I propose Agile New England speakers (including myself) and topics?
- Please send email to
- How can I become an Agile New England Sponsor?
- Please contact
- Relationship of Agile New England and the ACM?
- Agile New England became chartered as an ACM Chapter in July 2007. This provides Agile New England substantial benefits including a non-profit tax status, legal liability umbrella coverage, the substantial prestige of the ACM and the ACM as a marketing channel and source of speakers for our public meetings and seminars.
- Relationship of Agile New England and the Agile Alliance?
- Agile New England was founded as an Agile Alliance Affiliate by Ken Schwaber circa 2003 when he was leading AA's activity of encouraging local Agile groups. Agile Alliance covers some costs for bringing Agile speakers to local events. Agile Alliance's non-profit tax status does not permit it to pass that down as ACM can.
Agile Software Development:
- Where can I learn more about Agile Software Development (SWD)?
- The number of sources of Agile SWD information has been exploding - matching the growth in interest in the subject. The downside of this explosive growth is the same as has been seen in medical information on the Web - the quality varies considerably. One source to start with is the Agile Alliance website. For good initial description see: What is Agile Software Development?
- How can I change my password?
- Log in
- Click on User Profile from the Members Only section of the menu. You will see your publicly visible profile.
- Click on Edit/Update your profile. You will see your full profile in three different tabs.
- Click on Contact Info tab. You will see, among other fields, a field to put in a new password, and another to verify it. Fill those in.
- Click on Update button below the form.